from one roaring woman to another...

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Donald Trump is Taking it Back



Iraq you're fired!

Oh my, Donald Trump is putting it on so thiick. First, he starts searching around for Obama's birth certificate. Now he's spouting out about some radical solution to the oil crisis. His idea: balls out force. Y'know, screw OPEC, screw every other nation that is also competing in the world market for oil, we're just gonna take oil fields overseas. What a load of crazy!

Do you know how bad that would be for our foreign policy? I'm hoping he won't announce his candidacy for president, because I definitely think people will vote for him as a joke. I'm sure people deeply involved in business will vote for him too, because he's like the hero of big business.

It just raises this question in my mind. If you have trillions of dollars, is it ethical to just arbitrarily run for President with no other experience? A lot of people are going to interject with the success story of Ronald Regan, blah blah blah. Trump is no Regan. So far he's acting like a PR person. He's using radicalism to make waves to grab attention. It's a smart strategy for keeping a luke-warm career in the spot light, but is it a smart strategy to get elected president? I think it depends on how much of a consumerist, empty headed culture we've become. Will bells and whistles really dupe America in one swift move like a good AD campaign? I mean, this is the President of the United States we're choosing not a new pair of shoes. He's clever I guess, I'll give him that.

What do you think?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment